There’s a line of portable electric heaters that can develop a short circuit and pose a fire hazard are among this years recalled consumer products. This local electrician in San Bernardino explains how.
- The Dyson Hot heaters and Dyson Hot+Cool heaters having model number AM04 and all Dyson Hot+Cool heaters with model number AM05. The model number is found above the Dyson logo on the product information sticker on the underside of the heater’s base. They were sold from September 2011 to March 2014.
- The heaters can develop an electrical short and overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- 82 incidents of the heaters short-circuiting and overheating, including four reports of heaters with burned or melted internal parts. No injuries or property damage have been reported.
- About 338,000 were sold in the U.S.
2. Hussong Manufacturing direct vent gas fireplaces and gas fireplace inserts that use American Flame brand main control modules. The recalled products are 22 models sold under the brand names Kozy Heat Fireplaces, Ambiance Fireplaces and Stellar Hearth Products.
- Recalled fireplaces and inserts were made between October 2009 and April 2013. The fireplace name, model number, manufacture date and serial number are on a silver testing label attached by a chain and next to the gas valve of the fireplace or fireplace insert.
- They were sold at fireplace dealers and distributors from October 2009 to April 2013.
- The main control module can allow gas to be released and buildup in the burner area, posing an explosion hazard.
- Nine incidents of gas being released prematurely and exploding, resulting in minor property damage and two reports of abrasions.
- About 13,600 were units sold in the U.S.
For additional information regarding electric heaters, call a local electrician in San Bernardino at United Plumbing Heating Air & Electric.